Sunday, December 21, 2008

Is it Almost Christmas already???


I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post! Time has gone by way too fast the last few weeks. I've been busy making and selling my aprons online at Etsy as well as a good number of sales offline just through the word of mouth!I've been having a great time making them. I've also made and sold quite a few Glammie Gloves. So Thank You everyone for your purchases and I hope you enjoy your aprons and/or Glammies as much as I enjoy making them.

I made this Christmas apron with the movie, Elf, in mind. My family so enjoys this movie. I have no idea why, but we all crack up every time we watch it. The decoration above the towel loop is made from a yo-yo and a fabric covered button (it reminds me of a piece of Christmas candy). I always thought of yo-yo making something "grandma-ish" (is that a word?). Anywy, I picked up this yo-yo maker by Clover and I've been having so much fun making them. Here is a tutorial at Lazy Girls Designs on how to make a perfect yo-yo every time.

I have few ideas up my sleeve for some Valentine day aprons and other sewn crafts using the yo-yo's. Once the Christmas holidays are over, I plan to get right on my Valentine's day projects!

Enjoy the holidays!

No comments: