I admit there's a mistake here because I didn't follow the directions closely on the white layers. You will notice mine are a bit 'lumpy', the white layers should be smooth. (It still tastes the same, but next time I'll give myself more time and be more precise). So read ALL the directions before making :) ...
You will need:
- 6 - 6oz boxes of Jell-O (Grape, Blue Raspberry, Lime, Lemon, Orange and Cherry / Violet, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red - so use whatever flavors you like).
- 2 boxes of unflavored Knox Gelatin
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (I ended up using 2 cans)
- Mix 3 envelopes (there's 4 envelopes in each box) of unflavored Knox Gelatin with 1 1/2 cups of boiling water
- Mix until gelatin dissolves
- Add 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Mix until combined well
- Set Aside
- Make your Grape Jell-O Using the quick method on the back of the Jell-O box (You can use which ever flavor you want. I wanted Violet to be my first layer.)
- Pour the Grape Jell-O into your Trifle bowl
- Place in the refrigerator and let set for 20-25 minutes
If you do not use the quick method, you will need more time to let the Jell-O layers set
- Pour 1/3 cup of the Sweetened Condensed Milk mixture on top of the set Jell-O (you may want to use more depending on how thick you want the layer)
- Place in the refrigerator and let set for 10-15 minutes
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 alternating Jell-0 and Sweetened Condensed Milk mixture. If you run out of the sweetened condensed milk mixture (like I did), just make a second batch using Step 1.
Once you've finished all layers, top the Trifle with dollops of Whipped Topping and Garnish with Chocolate Candy Coins (If you want).
Happy St. Patrick's Day !!