Sunday, October 23, 2011
Mini RIP Graveyard Dirt Cakes
Halloween party menus usually spell gross-out appetizers like grape eyeballs and linguine guts. Elevate to edibly eerie with these yummy mini RIP Graveyard Dirt Cakes for Dessert. These mini treats were served at our Pink-O-Ween Halloween Party.
Mini RIP Graveyard Dirt Cakes ...
• 1 (20 oz) package chocolate sandwich cookies with creme filling
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup confectioners' sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 (3.9 oz) packs instant chocolate pudding mix
• 3 cups milk
• 1 (12 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
• 16 8oz clear plastic cups (for serving)
• 1 package of Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies
• Black frosting (pre-made or add black food coloring to canned vanilla frosting)
• Candy pumpkins for decorating
• Pink sprinkles (optional)
1. Put the chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor and process until they become fine crumbs. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the butter or margarine, cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla flavoring. Beat on low speed to mix then beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the chocolate pudding mix and milk to the bowl. Beat on low speed to combine.
3.Fold the whipped topping into the pudding mixture with a rubber spatula.
4. In each clear plastic cup, assemble in layers as follows: first layer, 1/3 cookie crumbs; second layer, 1/2 pudding mixture; third layer, 1/3 cookie crumbs; fifth layer, 1/3 cookie crumbs.
5. Decorate each Pepperidge Farm Milano cookie with black frosting by piping the letters RIP (or whatever you choose) at the top of each cookie.
6. Insert decorated Milano cookie into each plastic cup and place a candy pumpkin next to and in front of inserted cookie.
7. Garnish top of each graveyard with pink sprinkles (optional).