There's nothing better than fresh tomatoes from the garden.
I really am enjoying them from my garden and the local farmer's market this year.
- 6 ripe Roma plum tomatoes, peeled and seeds removed, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 2 hot chile peppers, Serrano or Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
Combine onions and garlic with chopped tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours to blend flavors. Makes approximately 2 cups.
This salsa is so good, I doubled the recipe. I just love the fresh crispness of all the fresh ingredients.