It's hard to believe my baby girl will be turning 13 on Monday. I know we all say the time goes really fast while our children are growing up..but holy cow..it is way too fast!! She is waiting to celebrate her special day on the 10th but not all of our family can't get together on Monday so tonight we will be having a small pre-birthday celebration. I told her to pick whatever dessert she wanted and Dirt Cake was the choose. And she reminded me to not forget the gummy worms!
This is the recipe I use for Dirt Cake. It's always a winner with the kids as well as with the grownups. What's not to like, chocolate pudding, cream cheese, Cool Whip, Oreos and gummy worms.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 32 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies with creme filling
- Chop cookies very fine in food processor. The white cream will disappear.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in bowl.
- In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together.
- Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.
- Layer in a 13x9 dish, starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Happy Early 13th Birthday my dear Sarah!