Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Warm Butter Buns



My all time favorite thing to cook is any kind of bread, roll or bun. I've been collecting pins over on Pinterest of all the breads that I would love to try. Of course it would take some time to make each recipe but I'll give it whirl and see how many I can make during the fall and winter months ahead. 

This a Butter Bun recipe that I found from Roxana's Home Baking. It's really easy and tastes great (especially right out of the oven).

The Butter Buns look a bit different that what hers do I. I think it has something to do with how I added the yeast (I made a bit of mistake while making them-I didn't let the yeast dissolve very well in the first step) but they still tasted great with our Roast Beef and Mashed Potatoes dinner.

Here is the recipe that I got from her blog. Be sure to check out her blog and her recipes. She has some real good ones that are worthy to try.

Roxana has a great tutorial for you follow while making these.

Ingredients:
  • 1/4cup water or milk
  • 1 pkg Rapid Rise Yeast
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour 
  • 1 egg or 2 egg yolks
  • 4 Tbsp melted butter
  • 1 cup luke warm milk
  • 1 to 2 tsp salt (I used 1 tsp salt since I used salted butter)
 Directions:
  1. In a bowl mix 1/4 cup water or milk with 1 package rapid rise yeast.
  2. Stir and let the yeast dissolve. It’s going to slightly foam.
  3. In your mixer bowl add 4 cups all purpose flour
  4. Pour the yeast mixture over the flour
  5. Add 1 egg or 2 egg yolks
  6. And 4 tbsp melted butter
  7. In a measuring cup mix 1 cup of lukewarm milk or water with 1-2 tsp salt. If you used salted butter I you may not want to use more than 1 tsp of salt.
  8. Start mixing slowly adding the milk (or water)
  9. The dough might need a little bit more milk. Slowly add 1 tbsp at a time until the dough is soft and cleans itself from the sides of the bowl.
  10. Put the dough into a greased bowl, cover with plastic foil and leave at room temperature until it doubles in volume. (should take about 30-40 minutes)
  11. Grease a 11×7 deep dish and put aside. Divide the dough into 16 almost equal balls. Shape them into small baguettes and place them into the baking dish. Cover again with plastic foil and leave at room temperature.
  12. Turn the oven on and let it reach 375F. The oven should be on for about 10 minutes (plus other 5 minutes until it reaches the desired temperature) before you place the buns in.
  13. When your oven is nice and hot and your buns are almost doubled in size brush them with some more melted butter and place them into the oven
  14. Bake for 23-25 minutes until golden. Brush with some more butter as soon as you take them out of the oven. (I eliminated the extra butter here .. however I served these warm with extra butter for those that wanted it),
Enjoy warm from the oven with some butter! yum!




No comments: