It's that time of year again..Halloween! This past weekend we had our annual Halloween party. We enjoyed some traditional spooky treats that I make every year and each year I try something new. This year it was this Candy Corn Punch. It looked great and tasted yummy too. I think it tasted much like an orange creamsicle (I'm sure it's because of the orange soda and whipped cream mixed together). This Candy Corn Punch recipe is from Better Homes and Garden. I followed the recipe exact except for one exception, used canned whipped cream in place of making my own. This punch is super easy to make and everyone will enjoy it!
- 1 4-serving-size package lemon-flavor gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups mango nectar (I used Goya Mango Nectar, found in the Asian section at the grocery)
- 3 1/2 cups orange carbonated beverage, chilled
- 1 cup whipping cream *
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Candy corn (optional)
1. In a large bowl combine gelatin and the boiling water, stirring until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in the mango nectar. Pour mixture into a tall, clear 2-quart pitcher. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until thickened but not set. Gently pour* orange carbonated beverage over gelatin layer in pitcher.
2. In a large bowl combine whipping cream and honey. Beat with an electric mixer or large whisk just until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Spoon over mixtures in pitcher. If desired, add candy. Before serving, stir to muddle.
Here is the Candy Corn Punch served in a glass .. it tastes and looks like a creamsicle after you mix it all up and pour into the glass. Yummy!