Getting ready for Thanksgiving and thought something a little chocolatey, gooey, and nutty would go perfect with our traditional Thanksgiving pies. This recipe is from a friend of mine and they are just delish! Great cookie for Christmas or any special occasion, or for any time you are just in the mood!
- 2 cups softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups crushed pecans or peanuts (I used salted peanuts)
- 3/4 cup Marzetti's caramel dip
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate Maken' Mold Wafers (I substituted with 2 cups of milk chocolate chips and 1 Tablespoon of Crisco shortening).
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix softened butter, vanilla, confectioners sugar and flour into a soft dough, roll dough into 1 inch balls.
3. Dip each ball into the egg whites and then in the crushed pecans (peanuts).
4. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart. Make a thumbprint indentation into each ball.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown on bottom of cookie.
6. While still warm, drop a teaspoon of caramel dip into the center of each cookie. As the cookie cools the caramel dip will fill the hole.
7. Melt the Maken' Mold wafers in the microwave on low for 3 minutes, stir the chocolate halfway through the cooking time. (Or use and melt milk chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of shortening). When the cookies are cool, drop melted chocolate over the top of the caramel dip, enough to cover. Let chocolate harden and serve.