You will find the recipe below. I made few slight changes to the recipe.
- 1 cup salted butter, softened, but still cool
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 10 oz jar maraschino cherries, drained reserving 2 teaspoons of juice
- Granulated sugar, for dipping the cookies
- 36 milk chocolate kisses, unwrappe
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Chop the cherries into small pieces. Set aside,
- In the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Reduce the speed to the lowest setting and slowly add the powdered sugar and salt.
- Add the cherry juice and the almond extract until combined.
- With the mixer still on low, slowly add the flour, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and add the cherries.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, roll each ball in some granulated sugar, and place the balls on a baking sheet, approximately 2 inches apart.
- Using your thumb, gently press each cookie in its center until the cookie is about 1/2-inch thick.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes and then remove the pan of cookies from the oven and immediately place an unwrapped chocolate kiss onto each cookie. Place cookie pan back in the oven and bake 1-2 more minutes until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.