- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup Nutella
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips plus 1 T of Nutella (for drizzle)
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl, add the butter, Nutella, white sugar, and brown sugar and cream together with a mixer. Add the egg and vanilla extract to the creamed mixture and mix until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients and continue mixing until incorporated.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and then roll one half of the ball into slivered almonds.
Note: I chill the dough for about 30 minutes before rolling into 1 inch balls.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Do not over bake!
- Let cookies cool. Melt chocolate chips with 1 heaping tablespoon of Nutella. Drizzle on cookies.