There's not much to say about these cookie other than they are a classic holiday cookie and enjoyed by many!! There are many recipes around for these cookies. I have found one that I like the most from allrecipes.com. The trick to these cookies is to NOT over bake. And I like to place the kisses on the cookies during the last minute of baking to ensure the kiss stays on your cookie!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extra
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar for decoration
- 2 (9 ounce) bags milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, and 1 cup white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and stir in the milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in remaining white sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes. Remove cookie sheet from oven and immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie. Place cookie sheet back in the oven and bake 1 more minute. Remove from oven, and Allow to cool completely; the kiss will harden as it cools. Note: Placing the kisses on the cookies during the last minute of baking will help keep the kisses attached to the cookies. The kisses will harden as they cool.