The weather has quickly cooled down around here. It was a brisk 40 degrees this morning when we woke up this morning. I stopped by a small local grocery store today and they were just brinigng in some Acorn squash. Just a perfect idea for a side dish to go with our chicken dinner tonight. Acorn squash are easy to prepare - just cut them in half, scoop out the seeds, add some yummy toppings like a little brown sugar, maple syrup, butter and bake for a little over an hour.
- 1 Acorn squash
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Maple Syrup
- Dash of Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F..
- In a large casserole or baking dish, turn acor
- Turn squash upside down so that the flesh faces down. Fill with the baking dish with approximately 1 inch of water (to keep the squash from burning). Bake in a 350 degrees oven until it begins to soften, approximately 30 to 45 minutes.Do not under cook.
- Remove squash from the oven and turn right side up so that the flesh is facing upwards. (Keep the squashin the baking dish). Place butter, maple syrup, and brown sugar into each squash.
- Place squash in the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven and bake another 20-30 minutes.
I Love Fall!!