Makes about 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- For pink cookies: 2 Tbls pink sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- For yellow cookies: 2 Tbls yellow sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- For blue cookies: 2 Tbls blue sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter, add eggs and mix well.
- Blend dry ingredients into to butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll each ball in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. (I like to use parchment paper to avoid the sugar from sticking to the pan or browning too much)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.