I love super easy recipes that result in an impressive yummy treat! This semi-homemade Cherry Pastries with Vanilla Glaze recipe uses store bought frozen puff pasty and canned cherry pie filling. It can't get any easier! Don't be intimated .. I truly believe you can all make this one for Valentine's Day or anytime you crave a cherry filled pastry.
- 2 Puff Pastry sheets (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- Sugar to sprinkle
- Take pastry sheets out of freezer, and let thaw for about 40 mins. Preheat oven to 375° degrees F.
- Unfold one of the squares of puff pastry dough. Cut down the fold lines to make three strips with a pizza cutter or knife. Next cut each strip into thirds. You should have nine squares from one sheet of puff pastry.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place nine squares of dough on the parchment, top each square with 1 tablespoon of cherry pie filling. For each square, pull up the corners of the dough and pinch together at the top. It's OK if the filling is still showing on the sides. Brush the tops with milk, and then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden-brown.
- Repeat the process for the second sheet of puff pastry.
- After the turnovers have cooled slightly, drizzle with Vanilla Glaze.
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
Melt the butter and add to rest of ingredients. Mix until creamy.
♥ Enjoy ! ♥