Hot summer days call for watermelon, and this icy treat makes the most of a juicy ripe watermelon. Watermelon Granita is the perfect ice cold refreshment for any hot summer day. Granita is just a fancy name for 'slushie'.
It's super easy to make and you don't have to feel guilty eating this sweet frozen treat!
Watermelon Granita / Watermelon Shaved Ice ...
- 8 cups seedless watermelon chunks, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 9x13 baking dish or other dish that can be put in the freezer
- Blender, Food Processor, or *NutriBullet
- Place half of watermelon, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 tablespoon lime juice, in a food processor, blender or and process until smooth. Pour into a 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- Repeat above step with remaining watermelon, honey and lime juice.
- Once you have poured all the watermelon puree into the baking dish, stit until combined and place uncovered in the freezer. Freeze until ice begins to form around edges of pan, about 30 minutes. Rake with a fork or spoon to break up large ice clumps; return to freezer; continue stirring about every 30 minutes until all liquid is crystallized, about 3 hours total.
*NutriBullet Notes - if using a NutriBullet, you will need to do this in 4 batches using approximately 2 cups of watermelon in each batch.