Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom

We've been so busy this summer that it's been hard to keep up with the blogging and sewing. So all I have to blog for now are some fun things we did together over the summer.

A few weeks ago we did our annual trip to Allentown, PA to Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom. We've been going here every year since my kids were in diapers. I miss going to the kiddie waterpark and rides but now we can go on waterslides together and some of the amusement park rides (I'm not so big on rides. Any kind of motion makes me feel ill. I'm always the person that volunteers to hold everyone's stuff while the go on the rides. :) ).

This year we did several runs on Thunder Canyon. I can do this ride about 2 or 3 times and then it's time for a rest. But I think it's the only ride I can do multiple times. Everyone loves it!


We also enjoyed our traditional Gas Car Ride, Merry Go Round and Train rides (had to convince them that it was ok to still go on these rides even if the aren't 'cool')


Merry Go Round ...

Train...The only way to keep cool when it's mid 90's and humid is stay by the wave pool and share biggest shaved ice ever ... can you guess what flavor:


The kids made sure we stopped at the candy store to fill up on sour sugar:



When we take this trip each summer we try to visit some other places the next day, spend the night and then go back to Dorney for a second run to go on favorite rides and then head home. This year our "in between stop" was the Philadelphia Zoo and Ikea .. more on those places soon!

No comments: