Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Nutella Almond Crunch Cookies

I've been searching for a good chewy chocolate cookie recipe for Christmas and I found this Nutella Crunch Cookie recipe. I just wasn't sure how they would turn out - what was I thinking? Anything with Nutella is delicious - as are these cookies! I made a slight mortification to the recipe by using almonds for the nuts and added Nutella to the chocolate drizzle. Here is my version:

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/3 cups flour
  • 1/3 cup cocoa
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ cup butter
  • ½ cup Nutella
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup slivered almonds 
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips plus 1 T of Nutella (for drizzle)
Directions:
  1. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
  2. In a large bowl, add the butter, Nutella, white sugar, and brown sugar and cream together with a mixer. Add the egg and vanilla extract to the creamed mixture and mix until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients and continue mixing until incorporated. 
  3. Roll into 1 inch balls and then roll one half of the ball into slivered almonds.
    Note: I chill the dough for about 30 minutes before rolling into 1 inch balls.
  4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Do not over bake!
  5. Let cookies cool. Melt chocolate chips with 1 heaping tablespoon of Nutella. Drizzle on cookies.


Enjoy!!




1 comment:

Candy said...

These look so good I think I'm going to make them today!