Monday, October 26, 2009

I Love Fall

I love this time of year. The days are cooling done, the kids are back in school, waves of color ... I just love it!

I thoroughly enjoy decorating for fall and Halloween, probably more than decorating at Christmas (I like that too). My kids still like to help with the decorating, playing in the leaves and carving pumpkins... Although my son tries to act like he doesn't enjoy it but he does... he would just rather make everything look scary. My daughter LOVES getting ready for Halloween.. she's had her carving tools and pumpkin face drawings ready for weeks. I'll show you the pumpkin carvings, her artwork, and small crafty things we've created later this week. In the meantime here are a few fall photos from last year...
Lightweight All Season Scarves:

The cool crisp air has inspired to make some fall scarves for those chilly mornings or evenings. These are lightweight made from 100% cotton and look great with a sweater or a vest. The can be worn any time of year. Here is one of the scarves made from brilliant blue peacock feather and daisy fabrics. This and a few other scarves are in my shop.


"I love fall! Fall is exciting.
It's apples and cider.
It's an airborne spider.
It's pumpkins in bins.
It's burrs on dog's chins.
It's wind blowing leaves.
It's chilly red knees.
It's nuts on the ground.
It's crisp dry sound.
It's green leavings turning.
And the smell of them burning.
It's clouds in the sky.
It's fall. That's why...
I love fall."
- Author Unkown

1 comment:

The Pie Wife said...

I found your Etsy page via twittermoms / moms home made link. I loved the aprons and put a link on my "Pie Blog" to your Etsy site. I am new to blogging and began The Daily Pie a short time ago. You can find me at http://thedailypie.com. At the time I didn't know you had a blog site too - very inspiring!