Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Candy Sundaes / Ice Cream Soda

This is the first year I don't have an elementary school age child celebrating Valentine's Day at their school. I admit I'm kind of sad knowing that part of my children's growing up is over. I will miss participating in the school celebration (Valentine's Day was always my favorite kid party) and buying those boxes of Valentine's Day cards that the children share with their classmates.
In addition to the school parties, we've always done a family Valentine's Day celebration of some sort. This year we'll be celebrating with some Valentine's Day Candy Sundaes. I made Candy Sundae's using green Cocoa Cola glasses,  from the dollar store, for the bottom of the sundae, a variety of candy for the 'ice cream', curling ribbon for the whipped cream and tootsie pops for the cherry. I guess these really look more like an Ice Cream Soda since I used Coke glasses to hold the candy. 
Also, I used free printable Valentine's Day cards from Anders Ruff. There are several tutorials around showing you how to build these adorable treats. I found this tutorial at Between Naps on the Porch to be the best way to make these. Have a try at making these. They were very well received by my kids and hubby (yes, he got one too).
Later tonight, for dessert we will have real ice cream sundae's with all the fixings (ice cream, strawberries, bananas, Nutella, fudge, nuts, whipped cream and of course cherries)!

X0X0x0
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: