Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mini Irish Soda Bread / Muffins {Recipe}

At the moment, Irish Soda Bread is currently baking here at my house. I just made a really big loaf of this yummy cake-like Irish Soda bread. I had some extra batter/dough that I wasn't quite enough to make a second loaf so I loaded up my mini muffin pan with the extra batter. Ta-Da! Mini Irish Soda Bread Muffins! Yum! Delicious right out of the oven with Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter. Yum!

I found this Irish Soda Bread at Allrecipes.com quite a few years ago and have made it ever since I first tried it. It's not your true Irish Soda Bread, it tastes more like a scone. We all love it!

This recipe made one large 9x5 loaf and 12 mini muffins.

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 pint sour cream
  • 1 cup raisins
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray one 9 x5 loaf pan and line (or spray) 12 mini muffin cups . Can also be made in two 8x4 loaf pans.
  2. Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the eggs, sour cream and raisins and mix until just combined. Distribute batter evenly between the two pans.
  3. Bake loaves at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour. (For 9x5 loaf, bake 1hr 15 minutes. For mini muffins bake approximately 15-20 minutes.)

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

No comments: