Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !

The kids made it to 6:30am!! I think they were up before 5:30am. I heard a lot of giggling going on before I got myself out of bed.

Boy, Santa sure was good this year. I think he went overboard but my kids sure enjoyed themselves.

What's not to enjoy ? ... An Xbox 360 !


... and a 'Just Like Me' American Girl doll !


I tried to make a handmade item for everyone. My theme this year was to make everyone some type of blanket. The blanket with sleeves (aka 'Slanket' , 'Snuggie', 'Snuglet', 'Slankie', etc.) was well received...

Slankie ....


I'm sure you all saw the Snuggie commercials that have been playing over and over again on the TV. My son SOOOOOOooo wanted a Snuggie but I couldn't get myself to buy one from the TV. So I searched around and found this Snuglet PDF How-To over at Welmoed's Sewing Room. JoAnn Fabrics had fleece 50% off so I ran down on Christmas Eve morning and purchased fleece for 2 'Slankies' and made them for my kids while they hung out at Grammies house. They are so easy to make and can be made in less than an hour.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and are ready for the New Year!

No comments: