Come on in to our home and take a look at how we celebrate the Holiday season .... I will show your our home and share some of our favorite recipes ...
Oh Christmas Tree ...
Here is our Christmas tree ... my kid's most favorite part of Christmas (except for the presents of course)
We have so many ornaments it's crazy! Here are a few our favorites ....
Some how over the years we started a tradition where the kids have there own 'side' of the tree. This is where they put their ornaments and this is the side of the tree where Santa delivers his presents. A few years ago we had these wire names made for our tree that way there is no confusion on which side is who's :). These are my favorite Christmas tree decorations ...
The right side 'belongs' to Matt...
The left side 'belongs' to Sarah ...
Let it Snow, Let it Snow ....
Have you ever seen a snowman kit ... All you need is snow ....
Cookie Time ...
Peanut Butter Balls:
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups confectioner's sugar
3 cups crisp rice cereal
2 cups milke chocolate chips
2 tbsp shortening
1. Melt peanut butter and butter in a large pot, over low heat. Add vanilla and mix. Add confectioner's sugar and mix until well combined. Remove from heat and add crispy rice cereal and mix together thoroughly.
2. Form 1 inch balls, spread on wax paper/parchment lined cookie sheets, chill until firm in the refrigerator.
3. Melt chocolate and shortening in a double boiler and keep melted while working with balls. Dip each peanut butter ball (I do one at a time) and then place on wax paper/parchment. A teaspoon to dip the balls works well (gently place the ball in the peanut butter and move the ball around with a teaspoon in the melted chocolate until covered well. Then remove the ball with the spoon).
4. Keep the peanut butter balls chilled until serving. Or you may freeze them and then thaw when ready to serve.
Hershey Kiss Blossom Cookies:
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk (whole or 2%)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
48 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
1. In a bowl cream the butter. Add the peanut butter and sugars and beat until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine. Beat in the milk. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the peanut butter mixture and beat until incorporated. Cover and chill the batter for about an hour, or until firm enough to roll into balls.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place rack in the center of the oven.
3. Place the granulated sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll the batter into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in the sugar. Place on a prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies or lightly brown. Immediately upon removing the cookies from the cookie sheet, place chocolate Kiss in the center of each cookie, pressing down until the cookie just starts to crack. Cool completely.
Happy Holidays from Us!