I love Reuben Sandwiches!! These are a must have on St. Patrick's Day in my house. Tomorrow night I will be hosting a St. Patrick's themed Bunco and wanted to serve Reuben's but they are messy and hard to handle. I came up with these mini Reuben's that are easy to pick up and handle without making a drippy mess. And they are really easy to make!
- 4 tablespoons Thousand Island Dressing (I used a mixture of mayonnaise and ketchup, but bottled dressing or whatever Thousand Island dressing you like will work)
- 1/4 cup sliced Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound thinly sliced Corned Beef or Pastrami
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 18-24 slices of Rye Party Bread loaf (such as Pepperidge Farm Party Bread)
Place a small amount of Thousand Island Dressing on each Rye Party Bread Slice:
Lay a thin slice of Corned Beef or Pastrami on top of the dressing:
Spoon your desired amount of sauerkraut on top of the corned beef:
Top with a slice of swiss cheese (for these I used 1/2 slice of deli swiss cheese folded in half):
Optional: Add a piece of fresh parsley on top (for decoration):
Place mini reubens on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degree oven for 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted.