These Candy Cane Breadsticks were a big hit with my hungry kids while waiting for Christmas Eve dinner to be served. Easy to make and quite tasty if I do say so myself.
- 1 can Pillsbury Bread Sticks
- 32 slices pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, mix melted butter, garlic powder, dried parsley and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
3. On a flat surface lay out 8 breadsticks (there should be 16 in a tube of Pillsbury breadsticks)
4. Lay 4 slices of pepperoni on each of the 8 breadsticks
Take the remaining 8 breadsticks and place one on each of the breadsticks and pepperoni (like a sandwich - one breadstick, 4 slices of pepperoni, 1 breadstick)
5. Twist each of the 8 the breadstick 'sandwiches' into a swirl pattern then form into a candy cane shape.
6. Place the candy cane breadsticks onto a baking sheet.
7. Brush each candy cane with melted butter mixture.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.