How cute are these heart shaped mini cherry pie pops?? They make a perfect treat for Valentine's Day or any day of the week! These are made with cherry pie filling, frozen pie crust, and lollipop sticks - easy as pie as the say! Here's what you need to do:
You will need: Premade Pie Dough, Lollipop Sticks, Cherry Pie Filling, Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
Light flour your work surface. Slightly roll out the premade pie dough
Cut out an even number of heart shaped pie pieces with your heart-shaped cookie cutter
Layout the cut out heart-shaped pie pieces. Next place a lollipop stick in the center of each heart.
Place a small amount of cherry pie filling on each heart shaped pie piece. Not too much or else the pie filling will squeeze out.
Place a heart-shaped pie piece on top of each cherry filled heart. Then close and crimp the edges with a fork. At this point you can egg wash the top of each pie pop and sprinkle with sugar or cinnamon sugar (sorry no photos for these two steps). Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Cherry Pie Pops ...
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box (such as Pillsbury)
- About 1/2 cup cherry pie filling (from 21-oz can)
- 12 to 14lollipop sticks
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoons decorating sugar
- flour for rolling dough
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper
- Sprinkle flour on work surface and unroll pie crusts onto surface. Roll out slightly (optional). Using a 3-inch heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out an even number of hearts from the crust. Place cut out hearts onto cookie sheet.
- To make each pie pop, lightly press lollipop stick into crust heart so that it is in the center. Top each heart with 1 heaping teaspoon pie filling; cover with second heart-shaped crust. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- Brush tops of heart pops with beaten egg and then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets; cool and enjoy!